A Sleep and Respiratory Scientist is a qualified health professional in the field of Sleep and/or Respiratory Science. Sleep and Respiratory Scientists perform a wide range of tests using specialist equipment to provide an optimal, high quality diagnostic and treatment service to all patients.
Sleep and Respiratory Scientists are responsible for conducting sleep studies including the monitoring, recording and scoring of both Laboratory and home based studies. Sleep and Respiratory Scientists also dispense treatment and support patients to maximise the benefits to them of a range of sleep disordered breathing therapy solutions.
A Sleep and Respiratory Scientist's duties include:
- Performing high quality sleep diagnostic services.
- Conducting sleep studies, monitoring patients and recording both Laboratory and home based studies.
- Scoring sleep study data, appraising and commenting on the results.
- Conducting PAP and non-PAP therapy trials, including machine trials, appropriate mask selection, posture modification and other treatments.
- Collaborating with patients to review, troubleshoot and monitor equipment and therapy related issues and ensure provision of optimal patient therapy and experience.
- Performing a wide range of respiratory testing, including Comprehensive Lung Function, Spirometry and Rhinomanometry tests.
Joining the Cardio Respiratory Sleep team provides excellent opportunities for continuing professional development and exposure to leaders within the field. A commitment to high quality work, excellent patient service and a passion for making a difference is essential.
To find out more on how to become a member of the CRS Team, click the link below to submit an expression of interest.